Sulphur Springs, TX | Full-time
Ensure on-time delivery of high quality, most competitively priced manufacturing materials and services.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a $50M + company.
• Value integrity, personal responsibility and possess a goal-oriented entrepreneurial spirit.
• Proven strong negotiation skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop a thorough understanding of products and material requirements.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, PPT, Excel, and Access).
• CPSM certified or willing to get certification.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Prepare accurate purchase orders verifying specifications and price.
• Resolve supplier or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
• Monitor slow moving and obsolete material (OSMI) and assist accounting to assess the value and disposition of the material.
• Authorizes payment for purchases.
• Obtain a minimum of 3 bids for purchased material.
• Ensure on-time delivery of all purchased material.
• Obtain the best pricing for material using the RFQ process of the 3-Bid system and document all bidding.
• Maintain purchased parts inventory levels within set parameters and budgets.
• Create and deliver PO’s within the Enterprise System (IQMS) based on system demand.
• Maintain a backup supplier list for all purchased materials.
• Maintain accurate lead-times in the Enterprise System (IQMS) and lower lead-times as much as possible. Develop contracts for stocking agreements if necessary.
• Maintain all supplier pricing for purchased material within the system.
• Maintain reorder points for purchased materials.
• Communicate with Inventory Control on current inventory levels.
• Work with Accounting to resolve invoicing and quantity differences and disputes.
• Continue developing lower cost suppliers and suppliers with superior quality materials.
• Maintain professional and ethical relationships with all existing and potential suppliers and customers.
• Conduct business meetings with suppliers when needed.
• Keep a friendly and positive attitude.
• Communicate potential price increases to Purchasing Director and Accounting on a timely basis.
• Negotiate quantity discounts and maintain supporting records.
• Negotiate better terms with deference to discounts for early payments.
• Performs a daily review of inventory categories to ensure no major input errors have occurred.
• Maintain RAW inventory levels at or below $8M USD.
• 1% Year over Year savings of material.
• Review the steel market on a routine basis to ensure that suppliers are being fair and competitive.
• Order special materials for new projects and monthly reporting to purchasing director.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Help the purchasing director develop a strategic plan to manage the supply base for assigned commodities and to achieve goals of quality, delivery and cost improvement for both production and aftermarket requirements.
• Develop contracts and manage relationships with key suppliers to provide stable product supply and year-over-year cost reductions.
• Research and evaluate potential suppliers (technically & financially) to meet Load Trail’s needs and drive continuous improvement.
• Evaluate and monitor the performance of existing Load Trail suppliers and take corrective action as required.
• Purchasing Director